Do check signers have significant pain?
- Understand pain points of CIO/VP Customer Service
- Significant pain must exist for senior management to sign a check
- Giva White Papers will help you "listen" for pain statements
- Tell vendors your pain. Otherwise, they will ignore you
Are funds approved and set aside?
- Check in with CIO or VP Customer Service
- Don't invest time until given iron clad assurance that funds are available
- Determine what you are already paying for application maintenance
- Find a cloud based replacement product for less money than annual maintenance
Learn latest IT service desk or customer service best practises.
- Prepare to ask vendors tough questions with confidence
- Prod and poke at vendors...you lead the questioning
- Acquire best practises fluency: first call resolution, service level agreement compliance, root cause analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, KPIs/metrics, dashboards, etc.
- Subscribe to Giva Blog & review Giva White Papers. Join "Linked In" groups, industry associations and user groups
What are problems with current call tracking system?
- Hire consultants/technical experts, if necessary
- Call vendor CEO; list of issues ready to send.
- Proposal to fix? Cost, timeline, guarantees
- Is fixing less expensive vs. buying a new application
What are feature needs/requirements?
- Obtain feedback from all stakeholders; prioritize the list
- Use Giva's Needs Assessment Tool as a starting point
- Check signers like a rigorous quantitative analysis
- Share requirements openly with short list of vendors
Ask vendors tough questions early and often.
- Early on share complex "must have" & "deal killer" requirements to eliminate vendors
- Ask for an estimated price quote. Is it in your budget ball park?
- Ask for customer case studies and references
- Poke and prod, listen carefully, get it all in writing
What is the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all vendors?
- Calculate TCO of all vendors for applies-to-apples comparison
- Acquisition costs only 30% of TCO over 5 years according to Gartner Group
- Ongoing lifetime costs vary significantly between vendors
- Compare cloud vs. on premise hosted software licenses
What are important license agreement terms?
- What happens if stop paying annual maintenance?
- Arbitration clause - inexpensive means of recourse
- SLAs for product support & reports to measure SLA compliance
- Termination clauses
BMC® Service Desk Express Suite Upgrade & Software Maintenance
Eliminate Service Desk Express upgrades & software maintenance with Giva SaaS
Is the very high cost of BMC Service Desk Express upgrades and software maintenance not in your IT budget?
BMC Service Desk Express Suite customers face a resource-intensive and expensive proposition to continue
to maintain their service desk application.
With Giva, BMC Service Desk Express customers on average experienced a:
- 45% decrease in annual maintenance cost (Giva annual subscription cost was 45% less than BMC annual maintenance)
- 90% decrease in implementation time and cost
- Eliminated all servers, software and upgrade costs
- Decreased headcount required to maintain service desk application
|Giva Service Management Suite™
||BMC Service Desk Express Suite 10.x
|Customers experienced a 45% decrease in annual software maintenance cost (Giva annual subscription cost was 45% less than BMC annual maintenance cost)
||Purchase licenses, servers, software and add-on modules. Also, significant FTE headcount and expensive consultants required for ongoing "care and feeding"
|Coded from the ground-up with a Web-native architecture and built in 1999 for the Internet
||Architected before the Internet-client/server
|Web 2.0 Intuitive Design—Agents can learn in just 1 hour
|Implementation in just 1 week
||Implementation often measured in months and quarters
|Architecture built on ITIL from our first line of code-modules seamlessly integrated
||A legacy application that evolved with add-ons
|Quarterly enhancements are seamless with Giva Software-as-Service (SaaS)
||With traditional software, upgrades will distract your business, cost significant fees, require FTE headcount and expensive consultants
All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein
belong to their respective companies.