Do check signers have significant pain?
- Understand pain points of CIO/VP Customer Service
- Significant pain must exist for senior management to sign a check
- Giva White Papers will help you "listen" for pain statements
- Tell vendors your pain. Otherwise, they will ignore you
Are funds approved and set aside?
- Check in with CIO or VP Customer Service
- Don't invest time until given iron clad assurance that funds are available
- Determine what you are already paying for application maintenance
- Find a cloud based replacement product for less money than annual maintenance
Learn latest IT service desk or customer service best practises.
- Prepare to ask vendors tough questions with confidence
- Prod and poke at vendors...you lead the questioning
- Acquire best practises fluency: first call resolution, service level agreement compliance, root cause analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, KPIs/metrics, dashboards, etc.
- Subscribe to Giva Blog & review Giva White Papers. Join "Linked In" groups, industry associations and user groups
What are problems with current call tracking system?
- Hire consultants/technical experts, if necessary
- Call vendor CEO; list of issues ready to send.
- Proposal to fix? Cost, timeline, guarantees
- Is fixing less expensive vs. buying a new application
What are feature needs/requirements?
- Obtain feedback from all stakeholders; prioritize the list
- Use Giva's Needs Assessment Tool as a starting point
- Check signers like a rigorous quantitative analysis
- Share requirements openly with short list of vendors
Ask vendors tough questions early and often.
- Early on share complex "must have" & "deal killer" requirements to eliminate vendors
- Ask for an estimated price quote. Is it in your budget ball park?
- Ask for customer case studies and references
- Poke and prod, listen carefully, get it all in writing
What is the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all vendors?
- Calculate TCO of all vendors for applies-to-apples comparison
- Acquisition costs only 30% of TCO over 5 years according to Gartner Group
- Ongoing lifetime costs vary significantly between vendors
- Compare cloud vs. on premise hosted software licenses
What are important license agreement terms?
- What happens if stop paying annual maintenance?
- Arbitration clause - inexpensive means of recourse
- SLAs for product support & reports to measure SLA compliance
- Termination clauses
IT Help Desk & Customer Service Solutions for Healthcare
Giva Service Desk Increases ROI on Healthcare Information Technology
Today, health systems, hospitals, health centres, physician practises and health information exchanges are deploying comprehensive, integrated healthcare information technology ("HCIT") infrastructures. Giva provides hosted IT help desk, customer service and asset, change and knowledge management solutions tailored to support HCIT installations for:
Address Your HCIT Needs with Giva
Giva is an ideal IT help desk and customer service solution for addressing your EHR adoption, HIE deployments, meaningful use, pay-for-performance, HIPAA compliance, regulatory and patient safety incident reporting needs.
- Empower your help desk personnel with insight into actual workflow, processes, tasks, application performance-related problems, configuration changes, and usage patterns of your physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Automate and track all phases of your HCIT incident lifecycle from submission to resolution while reducing the cost of operations with Giva's integrated, ITIL® driven customer support solution for healthcare.
- Improve your time to answer, track HIPAA compliance, report patient safety incidents and reduce expensive downtime with Giva's customizable resource guides, intake forms, workflow templates and documentation practises.
- Increase staff productivity by supporting best demonstrated practises and training for HCIT with Giva's knowledge management tools.
- Giva's system is compliant with the standards and structures used in the IT infrastructure library (ITIL) framework to maximize your return on investment.
Discover more reasons why Giva is the right choice for your healthcare organization.