Benchmarks for Root Cause, SLA Compliance, Call Abandonment, First Call Resolution
Evaluate Your IT Help Desk or Customer Service Organization- Take a Quiz
According to the Help Desk Institute, help desk costs increase 10-20% every two years from:
- Increasing complexity of new help desk & customer service software
- Shorter life cycle of help desk & customer service software
- Increasing customer use of help desks
To control costs and increase customer service satisfaction, take the short quiz contained in this white paper to assess how your help desk or customer service organization is operating. In addition, read about the best practices and benchmarks for common metrics like call abandonment and first call resolution rate.
By performing the root cause analysis described in this paper, one company found that new employees contacted their call center four times as often as other employees. After offering a 30-minute IT orientation to new employees, new user calls to the help desk decreased by 60%.
Performance goals are also important to establish: customer satisfaction, cost per call, call abandonment rate, service level compliance, first call resolution rate, and cycle time. Individual agents should be measured using calls per month, customer satisfaction, and first call resolution rate.
IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How Does Your Help Desk Measure Up? - A Help Desk can cut costs and enhance productivity. Is yours meeting the mark?
- Considerations for Outsourcing: Service Desk - A guide to improving your Service Desk and Service Delivery performance through outsourcing
- Looking Beyond the Sticker Price - "What it really costs to operate a call tracking system" - Summary of Acquisition and Lifetime Costs
- How Does the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) Impact the Hospital and Healthcare Industry