Using "Cloud" applications allows companies to subscribe to software applications and outsource back-end infrastructure operations to a vendor (such as Amazon Web Services) that can do the job much more cost effectively.
Using "Cloud" applications allows companies to subscribe to software applications and outsource back-end infrastructure operations to a vendor (such as Amazon Web Services) that can do the job much more cost effectively. Large cloud vendors have the technology, security know-how, and economies of scale that even many Fortune 100 companies do not. As a result, companies can spread their IT budget across many more applications to support and grow their business operations, which will in turn contribute to higher profits.
Today, many security breaches are announced every day. It is an excellent security precaution to use a cloud change management system that is HIPAA compliant. Even if your business is not required to be HIPAA compliant, you can reduce risk by keeping your IT change management process in the cloud and selecting a vendor that is HIPAA compliant.
Benefits of IT Change Management:
- Automates the submission, tracking and approval process for IT changes
- Increases visibility into IT changes before implementation
- Boosts cross-functional communication with real-time reporting
- Increases employee productivity through higher infrastructure uptime
- Enhances IT department productivity by providing automated workflow and escalation
- Decreases support costs by lowering change-related failures
- Reduces support calls by increasing the number of successful changes
- Speeds business decisions by delivering accurate, real-time reports
- Minimises business risk by ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory compliance through audit trails of IT-related changes
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvement by providing trend analysis reporting for successful and unsuccessful IT-related changes
- Ensures standardised methods, processes and procedures are used for all changes
- Facilitates efficient and prompt handling of all changes
- Maintains the proper balance between the need for change and the potential detrimental impact of changes
Here are five reasons to keep your change management application in the cloud:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Quick Setup
- Easily Integrates with REST-based APIs
- Improved Customer Support from IT Cloud Vendors
- Cloud Vendors Are Seasoned